I realize that there are so many "little discoveries" and minor design challenges to this project that I am not completely documenting... during the process of adding the four IR sensors I began to focus a small bit on aesthetics: four identical brackets made of bent paperclips, neatly taped on with black electrical tape give the vehicle a nice symmetry. I also realized in the process of adding the breadboard platform that I had inadvertently changed the directionality of the 'bot: I originally considered the driver board the "back," but the mounted platform is wider than the vehicle platform so it gives the appearance of large rear fenders like an ATV. Running a test in this configuration I realized that I had to reverse the direction of the motors to match the code I had created. No problem! Since the code is all based on sending current from MotorpinA to MotorPinB, I just reversed the pin names.
I guess this thing needs a name... How about Beta, since a project like this is NEVER complete? It should also be a snap to add LEDs for direction signals, and perhaps even a back-up beeper? Easy enough to grab that code from previous sketches... I think I'm going to run out of pins soon...
"Tone" code on backup beeper threw an error: I'll come back to that later. Forward and reverse lights installed. Working on servo steering control.
No comments:
Post a Comment