These circuits were not very challenging, although they helped me get a handle on how the breadboard is wired and how the Sketch code can be manipulated. I had previously gone about this far with a loaner kit, so these circuits were mostly review however I did begin to think more logically about "wire management," spreading the wires and components out more on the breadboard than the SparkFun manual indicates, and usin the two sides of the breadboard to separate the connections and components. The sketch in Circuit 3 was a good "jump" in understanding the code, with the introduction to subroutines or Functions.
I spent a bit of time on a modification that would change the color of the RGB LED based on the position of the potentiometer, essentially combining components of Sketch 2 and Sketch 3. This exploration (and and early mistake I made with the breadboard) helped refresh my troubleshooting techniques: I have not done any significant work with code since very early in college, so I appreciate starting simple as I get reacquainted!
Video documentation:
Circuit 1
Circuit 2
Circuit 3
No comments:
Post a Comment